I know this isn’t Maine Hockey but I felt it needs to be shared. Here’s the pep rally for the UMaine Football team. They take on UNH on Saturday at 2PM in the first ever Playoff game at Alfond Stadium. If you can get out to Alfond Stadium to support the team, do it!
- Maine will be playing its second-straight game against New Hampshire after dropping a 24-3 decision at Cowell Stadium on Nov. 23.
- Maine, making its seventh NCAA playoff appearance, are 3-6 all-time in post season play. The Black Bears last appeared in the postseason in 2011, where it advanced to the quarterfinals after a 34-12 win at Appalachian State. The Black Bears fell in the quarters 35-23 at Georgia Southern.
- Maine last won 10 games in a regular season in 2002, also the last time it had a conference championship (shared the Atlantic 10 title).
- QB Marcus Wasilewski is having a histroic senior season. Wasilewski currently has 3,009 passing yards on the year; second best all-time. Wasilewski is just the second QB in Maine history to record 3,000+ passing yards in a season (Warren Smith; 3,122 in ‘11) . Wasilewski is also four passing TDs away from tying Mickey Fein’s 27 TDs in a season mark, set in 1998. Wasilewski is currently seventh in all-time passing yards (5,384) and is just the seventh QB in history to surpass 5,000 yards. Wasilewski stands 180-yards from moving into sixth all-time.
- Looking back to the 2011 playoff games, Damarr Aultman (2), John Ebeling (2) and Justin Perillo (1) are all looking to add to their postseason touchdown totals. Ebeling will be looking to record his third-straight playoff game with a touchdown reception.
- This weekend’s contest is the 102nd meeting in Maine’s longtime history with UNH. Maine has played the Wildcats more than any other team in its history. UNH owns a 50-43-8 record and has won 10 of the last 11 after Maine took three straight (2000-02). The Black Bears last win came in 2010 (16-13 OT) at Alfond Stadium. In last season’s meeting, Wasilewski threw for 254 yards and three scores, two of which to Justin Perillo, in Maine’s 28-21 loss. Most recently, Maine dropped a 24-3 decision at UNH on Nov. 23.
- With 315 total yards at New Hampshire, Maine surpassed 5,000 total yards on the season. Maine currently sits at 5,158 total yards, surpassing the school-record mark of 4,861 total yards set in 1989.